I followed the pattern in Irish Crochet Lace, and was not to happy with the end result. I found this pattern to be a bit big and plain compared to some of the others. Next time I will probably make it on a smaller scale.
- Yarn (Lace (0) weight)
- Cotton Cord
- U.S. size 7 (1.65 mm) Crochet Hook
- Over a single cord foundation: Sc 50.
- Sl St into the 26th St forming the smaller loop.
- Still working over the foundation cord: Sc 25 to complete larger loop.
- Sl St the larger loop together.
- Ch 1.
- Still working over the foundation cord: Sc around the larger loop (50 Sc in total) – hooking into both horizontal loops of each St in the previous Rnd.
- Unit the Rnd at the base with another Sl St.
- Make a stem:
- Sc 12 over the cord foundation.
- Ch 1 to turn.
- Work your way back up the stem, taking the cord back with you: Sc 12 – hooking into both horizontal loops of each St in the stem.
- Fasten the end of the stem into the base of the bud, and fasten off the cord.
Relevant Project Links: