A three layer geometric flower, with 5 petals in each layer, that is crochet in a series of alternating rounds: a round to situate and create each petal loop followed by a round to form each petal. This gives us 6 rounds in total with the two alternating rounds for each layer of the flower.
In the past I have used this design to make floral pendants – an alternative use for Irish Crochet. Attach a metal jewelry ring to one end of the crocheted pendent and then link it through a chain.
- Yarn (Lace (0) weight)
- U.S. size 7 (1.65 mm) Crochet Hook
- Metal Ring and Chain for Pendent
Ch 5. Sl St the ring together.
- Ch 6. * Tr 1. Ch 3.* Repeat 4x. Sl St ends together to finish Rnd. (you should have 5 loops when including the initial chain of 6)
- Over each petal: *Sc 1. hTr 1. Tr 3. hTr 1. Sc 1.*
- Hooking into the backside of the 1st Rnd: *Sc 1. Ch 5.* Repeat 4x. (5x total)
- Over each petal: *Sc 1. hTr 1. Tr 5. hTr 1. Sc 1.*
- Hooking into the backside of the 3rd Rnd: *Sc 1. Ch 7.* Repeat 4x. (5x total)
- Over each petal: *Sc 1. hTr 1. Tr 7. hTr 1. Sc 1.*
Relevant Project Links: