A simple summer meal – chicken that has been marinated in a roasted red pepper dressing and then grilled. The sweetness of the peppers presents a nice contrast to the briny Spanish olives and the fresh bite of the parsley. The marinade also helps the chicken stay moist throughout the grilling process.
Grilled Red Pepper Chicken
- 3 Chicken Breasts sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup Roasted Red Pepper Spread (I was able to find some already made at the local grocery, but if you rather make it from scratch, roast or grill your red bell peppers and then puree them into a spread.)
- 2 cloves of pressed Garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped Parsley
- 1/4 cup sliced Spanish Olives
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp White Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- Combine the red pepper spread, garlic, parsley, olives, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper to create the marinade.
- Cover your chicken in the marinade, and place it in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Before cooking preheat the grill.
- Grill your chicken. ~ 9 minutes on each side depending on the thickness of your chicken.